Any questions? Please call 860-520-4001
Notice About Refinancing Federal Student Loans: If you have a federal student loan owned by the Department of Education, such as a Direct Loan or a FFELP loan, your payments have been suspended and your interest has been waived from March 13, 2020 through September 30, 2020 because of the coronavirus epidemic. At this time, these benefits are not available with other federal student loans, such as Perkins loans and FFELP loans not owned by the Department of Education. However, you can obtain these benefits by consolidating other federal student loans into a Direct Consolidation Loan. In addition, Congress and/or the Department of Education may extend these benefits or offer other benefits in the future. You will lose your current benefits and your right to any future benefits if you refinance your federal student loans with a private student loan. If you have a federal student loan, but do not know if you qualify for these benefits, you can check with your loan servicer to see what kind of loan you have. For more information, go to https://studentaid.gov/announcements-events/coronavirus.
Current Loan Rates/Repayment Terms
Fixed rate as low as 4.75%* with a co-signer, or 5.00%* without a co-signer; APRs range from 4.75% to 6.90%
*0.25% ACH interest rate reduction is available.
**Loans must be eligible for refinancing.
- 5 year, 10 year, and 15 year repayment term options
Loan Program Details
- Launched in June 2016
- Minimum loan amount of $5,000 up to a maximum loan amount of $125,000
- No application fee or origination fee, no prepayment fee
- No application deadline
Eligible Borrowers & Co-Signers
- Must be at least the age of majority or older at the time of application based on his/her state of permanent residence.
Must be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident with a Form I-151, I-551 or I-551C (Permanent Resident Card, Resident Alien Card, or Alien Registration Receipt Card).
You must reside in the U.S. at the time of the application.
- Borrower must be a Connecticut resident or be refinancing a CHESLA loan
- Must have monthly installment payments amounting to 43% or less of monthly gross income (Debt-to-Income ratio)
- Acceptable FICO scores, as determined via a TransUnion credit report
- School-certified education loans made to finance attendance at a not-for-profit higher education institution within the United States of America are eligible for refinancing.
- Loans being refinanced must be in repayment status.
Loans being refinanced must be in good standing.
- Any federal loan (including PLUS)
- CHESLA loans
- Any private loan
- Note: A borrower may refinance a parent's PLUS loan
Clicking Apply Now will leave the CHESLA website and take you to Campus Door's website to complete the loan application.